Pulling Refferring URLs into Lead Reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling Refferring URLs into Lead Reports

I am a newer Marketo user with an online Affiliate Marketing / lead gen background and am trying to identify how exactly to create or run a report that can provide me the Http Referrer / Referring URL report per lead to provide insight into exactly where a new lead came from, and what action drove them - regardless of existing Marketo programs.

This way, in the case that cookies are disabled, if I drive new leads to a specified landing page and they go away from that page but then request contact through one of the many other forms on our site, I can tie it back to the proper Marketo Program (i.e lead came to us initially from a directory listing or paid search)

So - regardless of the lead source - lets say it is Google, or a locked in lead source based on the form name only, regardless of the path people took to get there the referring URL would be more detailed.  Not just the site or page name, it would be the URL of (if Google) search results inclusive of the keywords.  OR, using the directory example again, if the original link is one straioght from a Marketo landing page, no matter what active lead form/landing page tied to a Salesforce lead source they compelete, True Program success can be traced back to the fact tha tthat lead (and hiopeful future customer) originally found us becuase of the directory. 
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pulling Refferring URLs into Lead Reports

There is a Marketo custom field that Munchkin automatically populates and then locks down called "Original Referrer" I think you could get what you want by building a smart list using this field and the modifyer "Contains". we have also mapped this field to Salesforce in the past to build reporting over there based on this same info...The key here is to pass a Salesforce campaign ID as a URL paramater to this field as well. Then later add the lead to that campaign when they fill out a form...

I think itis also best to use this field to define and then lock down lead source (Salesforce field) as well based on an additional paramater...