Re: Pulling Lead Activity Logs for Several Users

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling Lead Activity Logs for Several Users

Is there a report or a combination of smart list filters that can pull all lead activity for more than one user at a time?

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Chrissy,

No. This has to be done through the API.

-Greg

Catherine_Dalm2
Level 2

Hi Greg,

What do you mean by it has to be done through the API?

Thank you.

Cathy

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Catherine,

You will have to develop a small app that can connect to Marketo through Marketo Web REST API and run the "Get activity" queries.

It will take some development skills.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you looking for ALL raw data or specific data?  If the latter, RCE may be able to assist.  We do this today within specific accounts to show all TOUCHES and RESPONSES (based on program status):

pastedImage_0.png

George_Yu
Level 1

Hi Dan, your suggestion is really helpful. May I know which Analysis Area (Email Analysis, Program Membership Analysis, etc) do I create to achieve that?

Also, is it possible to generate a list of web page which our accounts have visited?

Dan_Stevens_

Hi George - this report is based on Program Membership Analysis.

Yes, there is a way to generate a historical list of web page activity - but you need to customize it within your environment:

Smart Campaign:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_0.png

NOTE: the history value is:

{{system.dateTime}}: {{trigger.Web Page}}{{my.line-break}}{{lead.Avanade Web Page History}}

For the line break token, I'm using Sanford 's technique explained here:

http://blog.teknkl.com/dark-mkto-alleys-line-break-token/

You can then use this history value in your RCE reports.  You can also use this field in your email alerts to Sales.  We use an email script to insert a <br> tag (thanks Sanford Whiteman​) to replace the hidden line break (which doesn't render properly in HTML) with a <br> tag:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

And this is how we use this in our alerts:

pastedImage_5.png

George_Yu
Level 1

Thanks so much for your suggestion, Dan!

Would Marketo start tracking only after I set up the Smart Campaign? Or can Marketo show me (the web page visitors and click-throughs) in retrospective?

Dan_Stevens_

To do this within the UI, yes, it would only start including values once the trigger campaign has been activated.  You can certainly grab prior activity - but that will involve a solution using the API.