Programs for Managing Form Submissions on Web Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Programs for Managing Form Submissions on Web Pages

Hi all,

We are in the process of implementing Marketo forms across our website, and I was looking for examples of how other Marketo users build out programs to capture web form submissions and pass them to sales.

My current plan is to create a new folder under Marketing Activities for my org's website, and then to create a new program for each web page containing a form on the site.  For the program channel type, I plan to use "web page," and the two status tags I set up for web pages include "visited web page" and "submitted form."  Within each web page program, I plan to set up trigger campaigns so that any time a form is submitted, members of my team receive an email alert, and the lead info also gets synced with SFDC.  

Each program will be very simple, but I thought it was important to house this separately from the Lead Lifecycle program because sometimes I get spun around by the logic used in each individual smart campaign.

Any feedback or suggestions on how I can best manage form submissions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Programs for Managing Form Submissions on Web Pages

Is it important to have different programs for each form/page? Is it a generic form that just happens to be on many pages? If that's the case, you can just have one program for Website Form and use it everywhere.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a rule, I try to avoid having multiple programs if I'm using the same form. It creates unnecesary clutter in your instance. You can always use the "Add Choice" in the flow step and specify the email to send based on what page they filled out the form on. Just my two cents... 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, Jason Long and Kara DeVeny!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious: what type of program/program channel do you use for your single Website Form program?  Do you use something along the lines of web page, where the first status is something like "visits web page," and the second status is "submitted form?"

Thanks!