Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Program sync for leads that can't be inserted into Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Program sync for leads that can't be inserted into Salesforce

I have an email program that is synced with a Salesforce campaign. Some of the program members that I'm sending the email to are not in Salesforce yet and all that I have for them is an email address (they provided an email address to receive my newsletter).

I'm concerned that Marketo will try to sync the leads to the Salesforce campaign, but won't be able to insert the lead into Salesforce since I don't have their a first name, last name or company name and that this will cause an issue.

Will this impact performance significantly? I'm fine with the leads not being synced I just don't want it to cause issues.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Program sync for leads that can't be inserted into Salesforce

You will only get sync fails in the results tab of your smart campaign.
You can also set up in Marketo Admin in the SFDC section by adding 'Unknown' to each required field to allow the record to be created in SFDC (SFDC requires last name and company name out of the box). You may also have some other rules in place in your SFDC instance.

What about your lead  status set up in SFDC? When you connect the Program object with your SFDC Campaign object they all go over to sfdc and the ones who are not ready yet for sales could be hidden based on the early lead status.

Hope that helps
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Program sync for leads that can't be inserted into Salesforce

It will not impact your email performance, as that is separate from the SFDC sync. They will just probably not be synced. 

If you eventually want to sync them to SFDC, you could create a specific campaign that revolves around collecting the necessary information to get them into SFDC using progressive profiling. 🙂