SOLVED

Program Status and SFDC Status

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Program Status and SFDC Status

this may be a silly question, but I am looking for a bit of clarification. Dont program status and SFDC campaign status do essentially the same thing?  Program status is for Marketo does SF see this?  I guess I am wondering if you have to update both of these?  So we use them for Trade Show status' one for engaged at booth and one is visited, we have to run flow steps to make their status change. Do we always need to update both?

thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Program Status and SFDC Status

Correct. 

For this to work correctly, the Program Statuses within Marketo and the Campaign Stauses in SFDC must match exactly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erin,
Yes, they are essentially the same thing. If you sync a Marketo Program with a SFDC Campaign, you will not have to change a lead's status in both. If you change a status in Marketo or SFDC, it will automatically change in the other.

If the Marketo Program is not sync'd with the SFDC campaign, then you will have to manually update both statuses.

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, so if I change the Program status it will automatically change the SFDC campaign status and vice versa as long as the program is synced with the campaign?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. 

For this to work correctly, the Program Statuses within Marketo and the Campaign Stauses in SFDC must match exactly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for helping clarify Will.  Much appreciated.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Erin,

Will is correct.  If you change the Marketo program status, it will automatically mirror the change in SFDC campaign status and vice versa.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "Gothcha" here is that you cannot have addeded any SFDC Campaign Members before syncing with your Marketo Program. That is because the defualt Campaign Status values in SFDC will be different than any Marketo program channel you choose. Once a SFDC or Marketo program has members added to them, you cannot change the Campaign Status values.
This is important if you are going use a SFDC Campaign to feed into Marketo (something we do frequently to build lists).