Pro-Tip: Disable Cookies on a Landing Page

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Pro-Tip: Disable Cookies on a Landing Page

True, but in the use-case of different people walking up to the machine to submit a form, you also want pre-fill disabled. I think the cleanest way to accomplish this would be entirely from the form editor. Disable pre-fill for all the fields in the form and also add a hidden field for _mkt_trk and make the default value empty.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I'd like this, but it's not currently possible since you cannot select _mkt_trk as a field in the editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disabling pre-fill still doesn't prevent the munchkin from tracking & scoring engagements after the fact. What I am looking for, is disabling munchkin tracking on a specific landing page, as opposed to the template itself --but thanks for sharing!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

The best thing to do is to disable munchkin at the template level and disable pre-fill.

If you don't do that, then Munchkin will still be active on the page and will be tracking page views and clicks, it just won't associate the cookie with the form submission. So, if someone was cookied earlier on some other page on that machine you are using, it would be tracking page views and clicks, which you say you do not want.