Poll or Form solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

Poll or Form solution

I'm looking for a solution to a problem.  We want to be able to limit voting on a poll to one vote per user, or detect their first click.  We, also would not like it shareable on social and we aren't a fan of having to login.  This is the problem with a poll in Marketo.  I'm not sure of how to make the solution with a marketo form. This will be on a landing page linked from an email.

If there isn't a feasible solution this way, is there a way to detect first click in an email within Marketo, as that would make the poll on the landing page unnecessary.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Poll or Form solution

Hi Sean,

The "clicked link on email" trigger will fire on first click. You just need to have a static list and create a smart campaign that looks like this :

• Smart list :
    pastedImage_12.png
  • Flow : all the actions you need to take to process it.
    • Qualification rule that will ensure the lead only goes once through the Smart Campaign
      pastedImage_9.png

This Smart campaign will only trigger once and will enable you to do what you want.

-Greg

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

If I have multiple links that they'd vote between, would this tell me which specific link was clicked first or simply that a link was clicked?  I'll have each link go to their own "thank you for participating" landing page for this example.

Grégoire_Miche2
    Level 10

Hi Sean Kearney,

This depends on how you set up the trigger. You could test one link, or multiple links together adding them in the "link" line of the trigger (click the pastedImage_0.png to add more than one link). You can also simply remove the "link" constraint and then it will test all the links in the email.

But the trigger will fire only once in the email.

If you want have multiple triggers that do different things depending on the link they click, just create multiple campaigns like the one above and then :

1. Create a static list called "Clicked once"
    2. add a FILTER beneath the trigger in every smart campaign set as : member of list IS NOT "Clicked Once"
    3. in the flow of the Smart Campaigns, start with an "Add to List" -> "Clicked Once"

This will make the smart campaign mutually exclusive and only the very first one will trigger.

-Greg