SOLVED

Podcast inclusion in a nurturing campaign?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Podcast inclusion in a nurturing campaign?

We are starting a new campaign and we are utilizing podcasts as a major tent pole of the campaign.

The podcasts will be general content that would be useful tips for anyone from our current clients to prospects or individuals who have no interest in making a purchase decision, but are still part of the industry we serve. Essentially, these will be the 'gateway' into further interest into our lead nurturing campaign. However, these podcasts will have several segments (approximately 5 minute segments) into the episode, and then we will re-purpose these individual segments as an ICYMI part of the campaign as a lead moves through the pipeline.

If you use podcasts, how do you typically integrate them so they get a wide audience? We have thought about using a video hosting service for these as we know of a provider that can integrate video content and lead scoring/analytics on video content, and we figured this might be the best tool for podcasts (i.e. we'd have the audio only over an title card or something similar for the streaming of the podcast), but is there any tools specific for podcasts that you've used?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Podcast inclusion in a nurturing campaign?

Kyle Russell​ FYI. I moved your post to the Marketing Central

In the past (before I joined Marketo), I used Blubrry Podcasting - Podcast Hosting, Statistics, WordPress tools, Directory, and more! - Blubrry Po... to host my podcasts. It also has a number of other really good services -- good analytics and easy to integrate into other sites such as Wordpress. I integrated Marketo Forms into sites for lead capture and sign up and then also took recordings of the webinars and added them to pages on my site.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kyle Russell​ FYI. I moved your post to the Marketing Central

In the past (before I joined Marketo), I used Blubrry Podcasting - Podcast Hosting, Statistics, WordPress tools, Directory, and more! - Blubrry Po... to host my podcasts. It also has a number of other really good services -- good analytics and easy to integrate into other sites such as Wordpress. I integrated Marketo Forms into sites for lead capture and sign up and then also took recordings of the webinars and added them to pages on my site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott!

Out of curiosity, did you use both Blubrry for video and podcasts, or just podcasts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just podcasts!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott!

Anyone else have any tips on potential vendors?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott - did you ever look at Simplecast? Or has anyone else ever looked at Simplecast vs. Blubrry?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used Blubrry. Like the service. There's a monthly fee.

Have not used Simplecast. Let me know if you need more info about Simplecast

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only info we're really wondering about is how it compares to Blubrry as far as data and publishing goes. Are the two comparable? Because Simplecast is much cheaper and we're just wondering why since we can't find too much info on their website.