SOLVED

Permissions required to send a sample?

Go to solution
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Permissions required to send a sample?

I feel like I'm going crazy here... I have given a role 14 of 14 Marketing Activities permissions (which I didn't want to do), but I still can't send a sample email!! Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution? Maybe this is a bug and I need to file a support ticket?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Re: Permissions required to send a sample?

Spit balling here, but have you granted them all email related permissions in the design studio section?

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dory,

Can't you send it or don't your receive it ?

If you cannot receive it, first clear the usual suspects (SPF, DKIM and white lists). Bur it may also come from your email servers blocking it. I'he seen that is the past : the receiving email server seeing the email sent by you from another email server (Marketo's) just blocks it. If this is so, it means you have to get to your IT and ask them to authorize inbound emails with you as a sender.

-Greg

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Spit balling here, but have you granted them all email related permissions in the design studio section?

pastedImage_0.png

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

That's possibly the most ridiculous and confusing exercise I've ever done. Andy, great idea -- it solved the problem. I grazed over that initially because I didn't really want these users to have access to the Design Studio, but that's better than having excess access in Marketing Activities, I guess.

Greg, just so you know I was getting the following error. Adding the Design Studio access solved the problem.

pastedImage_0.png

Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

We found out this week that the user also needs access to the Lead Database in order to not see the permissions issue when sending a sample message. The reason is that you can select a Lead to generate the personalization/dynamic content in the sample message.