SOLVED

Re: PDF Tracking

Go to solution
Kathryn_Collin2
Level 3

PDF Tracking

Hi - We have quite a few landing pages set up set up with gated white papers.

When someone fills in the form on a landing page they are then sent an email with a link which leads directly to the PDF.

At the moment, in a leads activity log, I can see that they have clicked a link in the download email, but not which link and therefore can't see if they've viewed the white paper or not.

How can I set this up so I have some way of knowing if a contact has viewed a PDF?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You could trigger an Interesting Moment when certain links are clicked, which shows up in MSI.

For example, "If the link clicked in this email contains INFORMATION.PDF, then create an IM that says Lead Viewed Corporate Information Brochure."

If you're not using MSI, you could have them added to an SFDC campaign instead.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

You could always create an Email Link Performance Report in that program to track which links are being clicked in the email. That will at least give you insight on which links they are using in your asset email.

Kathryn_Collin2
Level 3

Hi Chris - Yes, this is what we are doing at the moment.

Our problem is when passing leads to the sales team, at the moment we aren't able to tell them which of the whitepapers they've viewed when sharing the lead activity log. It's also preventing us from from setting up a section of our lead scoring model.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You could trigger an Interesting Moment when certain links are clicked, which shows up in MSI.

For example, "If the link clicked in this email contains INFORMATION.PDF, then create an IM that says Lead Viewed Corporate Information Brochure."

If you're not using MSI, you could have them added to an SFDC campaign instead.

Kathryn_Collin2
Level 3

That works perfectly! Thanks Jennifer