Passing Querystring & Default Values with Iframe Forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing Querystring & Default Values with Iframe Forms

We use hidden fields on our forms to track the lead source and ad campaign information and I'm having a hard time getting them to work correctly. My website is built in Wordpress and I use Marketo iframes and forms. I added this javascript to my landing pages but have noticed that it wipes out the default lead source (which I really need): http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L55PCAS.

Does anyone know how to pass querystring values while still allowing for a default value to be passed if one of the values is not in the querystring?

Thanks so much for your help!

Gina
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Passing Querystring & Default Values with Iframe Forms

So, to restate, is your issue that if there isn't a URL parameter for lead source it gets blanked out instead of maintaining the default?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, exactly. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a permanent fix, but you could create a trigger smart campaign that looks for:

Filled Out Form (specify your form or LP)
Lead Source is empty

Change Data Value - Lead Source > (Your Default Value)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jason. This was my backup idea but really hoping to find code that someone else is already using. Does anyone else have this problem??
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Gina,

Have you ensured that Lead Source is blocked from field updates? If not, that should help preserve the integrity if it already has a value. Good luck!

-Trask