Re: Owner updates in SFDC & Marketo

Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

Owner updates in SFDC & Marketo

We have a bi-directional sync between Marketo and Salesforce. I'm curious to know what should happen in the following scenario: A lead has the same owner in SFDC and Marketo. The owner is changed on the SFDC side. Before that update is synced to Marketo, Marketo syncs the lead to SFDC using auto assignment rules.

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Eoin,

I believe that the integration relies on the last modified timestamp to determine what changes apply. 

I had a quick look at the post below which backs this idea up with this comment:

The native sync between Marketo and Salesforce identifies records that need to be evaluated for an update based on the Last Modified Timestamp (also often called the system mod stamp). This timestamp is updated any time there is a change written to any field on the record (Note that formula and lookup fields do not update this timestamp). Whether one field is updated, five fields or a field that is not visible to the sync user, this update will queue for one evaluation for this record.

Marketo / Salesforce Sync Limits & Priority Info 

Eoin_Lyons1
Level 2

Thanks for this! So hypothetically, Marketo updates owner at 1pm, owner is updated manually at 1:02pm in SFDC, last modified timestamp stamps 1:02pm, Marketo does not update at 1:05pm because Last Modified Timestamp is at 1:02? Is that the gist of it?