Operational campaign help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Operational campaign help!

We would like to know "true" website leads when they arrive on our site, not when they clickthrough a sales email and land on our site.  We currently run sales insight and dont want to be alerted everytime a client is on our website as they use the website as a log in source. However when we set up a restriction on our operational program for  Website activity alerts for "referrer not contains http://pages.mortgagebot.com/track" they stopped receiving alerts all together.  Any ideas for a workaround?  Is there one? 
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Operational campaign help!

Also, the Sales email open triggers are not functioning like they should either.  Triggers for this campaign entail, opens emai is any, and opens sales email is any, account owner is {salesforce id} ad rep is {salesforce id (same as account owner id)} flow, is the alert email.  Anyone that can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am now wondering if this has anything to do with the ad rep field being a newly created field in Salesforce.  Could that be whats causing the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned your trigger is "opens email is any and opens sales email is any" is that correct?  If so, the "and" filter is causing some issues: change this to "or" and you should see the alerts.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cant put an or in between triggers that I know of, however i had to adjust the filters as well, but its still not working.  😞
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, I wasn't thinking correctly. 

So two issues here, Sales Alert for email opens and Interesting Moment alerts for website visits.

To the Sales Alert, I'm not sure how the ad rep field would affect it, but its worth testing by removing it.  I'd create a new campaign without filters for the sales rep and try sending alerts that way.  Also have you looked at the activity records for these leads?  You should be able to determine whether its caused by the smart list or the flow by seeing if they log the lead as qualifying for the smart campaign.

To the interesting moments: a workaround will be to filter on the status of the web visitor as a known customer.  This wouldn't eliminate anonymous IPs that visit your client site, but that doesn't sound like an issue if you are only tracking known leads.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt set up that field, does something need to be done to the AD rep field in Marketo that is possibly the missing piece?  I do not yet have admin priv so I am not sure if that needs to be done or not.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're using it as a filter, you only need to be able to read it.  To test this, create a smart list with the same filter and see if any records come back.