Re: One-off static list for only one campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

One-off static list for only one campaign

Is it possible to create a static list for one-off campaign? We have some data that need to be used for one campaign only as we have permission to use the data only for this purpose. After that we don't want Marketo to hold the data. 

Please could you advice?

Thanks

Danilo
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a little tricky, as folks are in the DB once they are imported. Normally what I see folks do is run that campaign and delete the leads (although this removes your ability to report on them), or mark the leads as Marketing Suspended.
Ashleigh_Davis
Level 3

As Erik said, you can import the list and then delete - but you'll lose all data for reporting. You could export, though, before deleting so that you have a backup record.

I think the broader question to ask surrounds the purpose of the one-off. Is this just operational? Or is this a list that you're trying to gain opt-in permissions?

If you have permission to email once (but want them to take action for future marketing) you can monitor who clicks/engages/opts-in. At that point, when you delete the list, you'll want to exclude those who took action since they have now opted in to future messages.

Not entirely clear if the above scenario is the purpose of your one-off email, though.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ashleigh, yes this is what I want to achieve. We have a list from a partner which has allowed us to contact but only for this particular event. Obviously we would like to keep all those leads that engage with our campaign and therefore opt in. 

To be honest I don't like to delete data from a database but this seems to be the only solution.

Thanks also to you Erik. You gave the right direction.

Best

Danilo