SOLVED

Nurture/Engagement Rules - how advanced can we get?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nurture/Engagement Rules - how advanced can we get?

Hi all,

I am in the process of building a nurture stream and would like to create a rule that says "if the person has already downloaded this content, skip and go to the next". Is this type of logic even possible? How complex can I get with the rules?

Thank you!

Mandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Nurture/Engagement Rules - how advanced can we get?

Hey Mandy, if you're using emails in the stream then this is challenging to accomplish -- you'd have to move someone to a stream that doesn't contain the content that they've already downloaded.

If you're using programs, I'd say the easiest way to exclude someone from that email would be to create an additional program status called Exclusion (or similar) and if they join the Engagement via the inbound program then they should be added to the exclusion status for the first program/email. By adding them to the program, Marketo will not send that content to them since they're already a member of the program.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Nurture/Engagement Rules - how advanced can we get?

Hey Mandy, if you're using emails in the stream then this is challenging to accomplish -- you'd have to move someone to a stream that doesn't contain the content that they've already downloaded.

If you're using programs, I'd say the easiest way to exclude someone from that email would be to create an additional program status called Exclusion (or similar) and if they join the Engagement via the inbound program then they should be added to the exclusion status for the first program/email. By adding them to the program, Marketo will not send that content to them since they're already a member of the program.