SOLVED

Not Opened Email - IS ANY : does this mean ALL Emails?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Opened Email - IS ANY : does this mean ALL Emails?

I'm confused by the Is Any filter on Not Opened Email.  I'm cleaning our MKTO database of inactive records.  I'm trying to get records of people did not open a single email out of ALL the emails that we sent since Jan. 2012.

If I sent 100 emails, and a person opened 99 of the 100 emails, would they qualify for Not Opened Email - IS ANY because they failed to open 1 of the 100 emails?

I created Smartlist:

Not Opened Email
IS ANY
On and After 01/01/2012

Shouldn't there be an IS ALL filter?  I want to make sure I get this correct because I'm permanently deleting these leads from MKTO.  (I'm exporting the list before permanent deletion).
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not Opened Email - IS ANY : does this mean ALL Emails?

Hey Dani,

"IS ANY" should refer to any email that matches the criteria and was not opened, meaning that if they opened 99 out of 100 emails, this filter would exclude them as long as they opened an email on or after 1/1/12.

I am always extra careful about this as well, I would pick a handful of records at random and check their Activity Log to make sure, but the way you have the filter set up looks good. 

You can use the "Min. Number of Times" constraint to further filter your results. Maybe the Lead was  only sent one email all year, you may want to keep that person considering the lack of activity. Just something else to consider.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dani,

"IS ANY" should refer to any email that matches the criteria and was not opened, meaning that if they opened 99 out of 100 emails, this filter would exclude them as long as they opened an email on or after 1/1/12.

I am always extra careful about this as well, I would pick a handful of records at random and check their Activity Log to make sure, but the way you have the filter set up looks good. 

You can use the "Min. Number of Times" constraint to further filter your results. Maybe the Lead was  only sent one email all year, you may want to keep that person considering the lack of activity. Just something else to consider.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged a support case and Support also told me that the way I set up the SmartList is correct.  In this case IS ANY means people that did not open ALL the emails that we sent since a given date.  To exclude people that haven't opened a single email:

Not Opened Email
Is Any
On or After: date

I can also see how an Is All filter might be confusing too because Not Opened Email, Is All could mean two different things.