Normalizing Industry Values

Anonymous
Not applicable

Normalizing Industry Values

I'm trying to normalize industry values in a Marketo account that is not synced to any CRM. I've gone through and ensured that all of the values in the database are normalized, however I'm finding that there are still some old values in the drop down list that have no records in the database.

Does anyone know how to delete those old values? In my previous experience, when there are no more records with a certain value, that value disappears from the drop down - however that does not seem to be happening in this case.

Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Normalizing Industry Values

Good question, that I've wondered myself, but I don't know the answer, so I am subscribing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you check:

1. Anonymous leads
2. Field Mapping and data in Admin
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither one of Josh's suggestions will help. This has been something I created a ticket for years ago and has never been resolved. It is something that plagues my staff as they get confused and continually reinput fake values. It's a strong place for improvement. 

It isn't linked to cookies, it's like an internal marketo cookie that contains the potential field values. But the first time someone types in junky data it's saved forever! Very great place for improvement!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, I had already checked the anonymous leads as I thought the values must exist SOMEWHERE in the database. That wasn't the case.

Adam, you know what is bizarre is, when I was normalizing the values last night, some of the 'junky' values were disappearing as I went along and normalized, and some where not. Couldn't figure out what was cuasing the ones to disappear though.

What I'm thinking at this point is to create the proper list of industry values and make them all have an asterisk in front of the value. That way, those will appear first on the list, and it would be unlikely that someone would enter an incorrect value with an asterisk at the beginning. It's a workaround for now anyways...