SOLVED

New Wesbite

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Wesbite

My company was acquired so we are moving to a new website and new domain.  I can't find anywhere in the support area where it talks about setting up dns masking and stuff.  I remember doing that when we first started with Marketo. Any help is ap;preciated!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Wesbite

Here is a link to the documentation on this part of the set up "CName"...remember to re-brand the tracking links in your Marketo emails based on the new domain as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link to the documentation on this part of the set up "CName"...remember to re-brand the tracking links in your Marketo emails based on the new domain as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if you are moving to a new top-level domain (i.e. abc.com to xyz.com), your cookie activity will not transfer as cookies are domain specific. I would contact support or a Marketo Partner to make sure you have all of the required steps taken care of before the move.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Darren:

My company just did this!  Its not as hard as you would think, however, for it being my first time doing it, it was very stressful for me so I can relate.  Most will fall on your IT department.  Here are a couple of items that I found helped me.  Also, make a list of items that you will need to update as well. 
  • Remember to put the muchkin code on the new website.
  • When you switch over to the new site, update your landing page domain name to the new CNAME you choose.  Make sure to also put the old CNAME in as a domain alias and set your fallback page to what you would like(ours is typically our homepage).(Admin section)
  • Rebrand your email tracking links (admin section)
  • Your account string (found in the landing page section of the admin area) will not change, continue to use this sting for the below steps.
  • Send an email to your IT department asking them to add a DNS Entry for your new landing page CNAME pointing to {accountstring}.mktoweb.com
  • In that same email ask them to add another DNS entry for the email tracking link pointing to the tracking link found in the email section of the admin area at the top of the box (you may need to find the original tracking link, Support can help you with this) So the request will look like this: Pages.xx.com pointing to mkto-e0119.com 
  • Make sure you have them whitelist Marketos IPs
  • IT will also need to set up SPF and DKIM - After your IT Department confirms they have set up the DKIM contact Marketo Support so they are able to activate it.  They will be able to see it if it is done correctly.  This process can take 5-7 days, ours is still not activated at this time.  You are still able to send emails when the DKIM is not activated, however may see your deliverability decrease a little.
  • How do I set up DKIM?
To set up DKIM, place the following "public key" in your DNS record:
DNS Path:
M1._domainkey.[your domain].com 
For example, Marketo's DNS path is: M1._domainkey.marketo.com
Public Key -- Download the attached file (also listed below), copy the whole thing and paste as one line! The entry should be a single line, with a space between the semicolon and before the p. Due to the length of the public key, it may appear on multiple lines.  Make sure your final entry has no line breaks
k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDFUlNZvtGDlIGDRtzyRQydM9yRInD5YMx86QpgZ3v7pT+Mx4tGbjUxY41TXbsp7UH9hTREaKKGQKNM/B3FzcFVv4zafZ09lUaXcbSdtD70iXyH0OXEGXLZI5gG0ZwjK5ptgQ18d+pUP9s8xMkJnZlubTk9MLvQnv3ZBzoL9FHFDQIDAQAB
  • When we switched our landing page CNAME, it appeared that our landing pages were automatically switched over to the new domain, so we have not encountered any issues...yet.  Make sure you check your unsubscribe pages and make sure those are in working order.
Hope this helps a little bit.  This is a good start I think, Its just remembering the little details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for  the great detailed instructions!