Re: New email editor is garbage. Please post your feedback. :)

Colby_Dix
Level 5

Picture is a nice touch anyhow.

ooooh shiny.
Josh_Perry1
Level 7

Go to the admin section. Then click email. Then click edit editor settings up at the top and select Legacy.

edit editor.png

Colin_Ryder
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Hi Colby

Not to blow my own trumpet (as it was my original thread) but could we add to the original thread here -   or could we ask the Mods to merge the threads as it would be easier to get our thoughts / ideas together and hopefully help Marketo improve this.

Cheers

Colin

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is with the auto-formatting with the following:

(1) Auto padding between slices, despite setting the line spacing to single.

We would like slices to stack up beneath each other with out any auto-spacing. How can we go about doing this?

(2) Hyperlinks are showing up super tiny by default.

How can we go about removing the auto-formatting for good?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just opened a ticket. For some reason the new email editor is removing a background image whenever we open our emails. Revert to the old editor and the image stays put. Open using the new one and bam, it's gone. Why the heck would the new editor delete code? The entire bit of background image="http://urlhere" just vanishes in the html the second you open the email in the new editor. They are escalating and working on a fix but beware until then!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were also pretty disappointed with the new editor. Main reason was the day the product was released, any emails we edited were getting broken. Link formatting lost and images disappearing. Just a huge headache and panic to all my European users who came online before I did as I'm East Coast. We had to switch it off that day (back to legacy version) from the Admin and haven't switched it on since.

Would love to start using it because overall it looks much cleaner but it seems there are too many issues currently and I don't want to inflict that on all my users! I'd be interested to hear about the planned improvements.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

Thanks for this feedback. As Ed Masson​ pointed out, we are using TinyMCE. It was high time we updated it. However, it sounds like the transition was a bit tough. We'll take that into consideration for the future as we are working on some exciting new features related to the email and template experience.

If you'd like to get a sneak peek and provide feedback, let me know. We are opening usability testing to our Champions in the next 2 weeks and would love to get expert feedback.

Thanks,

Paul

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Paul - I would love to get a sneak peek and provide feedback of any enhancements planned for email editors/templates - specifically because we've been waiting for Marketo to stop removing specific code from our templates which break our responsive emails when viewed in different resolutions on Windows 8/10.  We were told that this would be fixed in June, then August and now October.  Here's my idea ( ) and discussion (Marketo is rewriting/omitting a significant amount of code in our responsive emails withint he HEAD ...) related to this.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Paul Martens

Count me in!

Colin_Ryder
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Please include me as well Paul