My tokens are getting messed up. Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My tokens are going whack! Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

The coding for my token only had divs (<div>Mike's Knugget of Knowledge<br /></div>), which now displays in the subject line. I'm not sure why it didn't before. But yes, I'll change it to a regular text and test it, I'm sure that will work.

Thanks!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: My tokens are getting messed up. Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

All - FYI, Linda and I chatted and we resolved this issue. There was a change made to the token editor (not text editor), that caused the "default root block" element of rich text tokens to be <div>.

So, if you created a new rich-tex token and typed "foo" you would get

<div>foo</div>

What was it before you ask? It was <p> , so if you typed "foo" you would get

<p>foo</p>

That doesn't seem much better but our engineers didn't realize we had custom code in place that, for single line rich-text tokens only, would strip out the <p> tags so you would end up with just "foo" in your subject line or in your landing page. That custom code was put in place several years ago to deal with customer confusing rich-text tokens and text tokens.

So, in the short term (within 7 days) I am having the engineering team revert rich-text tokens to have <p> as the default root block element so that single lines of text would still function essentially as text tokens. I also told Linda that we are adding a switch in the Admin page to let you control what the "default root block" elements are for the Landing Page editor, the Email editor, and the Token editor.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: My tokens are getting messed up. Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

That's great news, Justin.  So this discussion ended up surfacing a hidden issue that probably would have become more problematic as time went on.  Thanks for raising this, Linda! (and pushing for a quick resolve, Justin!).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Justin for your immediate attention to this matter, you were a tremendous help!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

This is now patched. The behavior has returned to using <p> as the "root block" element for program tokens.