SOLVED

My sample e-mail isn't going through. Why might that be?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

My sample e-mail isn't going through. Why might that be?

I'm trying to learn Marketo in the wake of our legacy expert leaving the department. I know it's very remedial, but I'm having a tough time identifying what actually triggers a sample e-mail to send from the design studio. There are three fields "Lead," "Previously sent to," and "Send to." What is the difference between all these? I'm trying to address each field, but when I click "send sample," the sample still doesn't send.

I've tried going through the tutorials, but I am meeting limited success in actually learning by doing so.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: My sample e-mail isn't going through. Why might that be?

Here's a link to an article about sending a test email:  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz3MCAS

You can use the lead field to resolve tokens to values specific to a lead in your database.  Meanwhile, the Previously Sent to and Sent To fields are for you to enter the email addresses of who you want to send the sample email to. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey, here's a quick breakdown:

Lead: you can add an actual lead's email address here if you want to see what the email will look like for them. They WILL NOT receive the email.
Previously sent to: A dropdown of the last few email addresses a sample was sent to. Easier to resend this way.
Send to: The email address that will receive the sample. If nothing else, you must fill in this box. 

Hope this helps!
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here's a link to an article about sending a test email:  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz3MCAS

You can use the lead field to resolve tokens to values specific to a lead in your database.  Meanwhile, the Previously Sent to and Sent To fields are for you to enter the email addresses of who you want to send the sample email to. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to both of you!

It's super remedial, I know. I am eagerly learning the ropes though. Great stuff!