Re: Munchkin Code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin Code

We transferred sites and copied and pasted the Munchkin code to our new site on every page. Does it take a certain amount of time before we can see the hits? Or did I skip a step?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Calvin_Lam
Level 4

I am assuming this is the same Marketo subscription.  If this is the case, it shouldn't take that much time for the activity to appear in the lead's activity history. 

If you are trying to use the auto suggest in filters and triggers, the URL has to exist in one lead's activity history first before it will appear in auto suggest
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may not have any known leads that have filled out a form or clicked on a Marketo email.  Until your leads take one of those two activities, you won't see them in reports.

You should have anonymous leads that have website activity, however.  This data is normall supressed.  For example, a "Visited Web Page" --> Is Any filter won't show you anonymous leads that have visited the website.  You have to include a second filter "Is Anonymous"--> True

0EM50000000RnTO.jpg

Next, if you have a low number of leads that have filled out a form or clicked on an email, consider a "Tagging Campaign".  A tagging campaign is designed with the specific goal of generating that click on a Marketo Email to tie your database to the online activity.  There are many discussions that explain the strategies and tactics of such a campaign, so I won't go into details here--just search the Marketo Community discussions for "Tagging Campaign."

Finally, if ytou're not seeing even anonymous website visits, there is something wrong with your Munchkin.  You should have all anonymous activity since applying the codes, so if you have traffic but Marketo shows nothing, something is broken. 

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

if you change domains does your munchkin code change or do i use the same code on both sites we have domains for?