Multiple Clicks in email of leads who don't work there anymore

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Clicks in email of leads who don't work there anymore

Recently we have come across a lot of leads who are clicking all the links in an email - however once the sales reps call them, they don't work at the company anymore.

I believe this may be a SPAM filter? Has anyone else come across this?

Our sales reps are wasting time following up on these leads that seem 'hot' however don't even work there.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Clicks in email of leads who don't work there anymore

I have. Usually it has been that when someone in the company leaves their emails are forwarded to their boss or replacement for a period of time and that person is the one opening and clicking. But since the original person is gone there is no way to know for sure.  Spam filters don't typically open or click things.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume that also - but it's weird as it's about 60 leads that are doing this - 20 leads being from the same company. Strange that they are clicking 7 links from the email - and every email that they receive. I wouldn't assume that a 'human' would do this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't think so, a single human would potentially be to busy to "mess" with you by continually clicking links. Filters can't click links as far as I know. I guess it could be multiple clicks because they get interupted or are forwarding the email after looking at it and then that person is also clicking.