mktoMobileShow: how is it controlled ?

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

mktoMobileShow: how is it controlled ?

Hello,

We are working on the Mobile Version of a Landing Page and I have some questions I hope I can get answered.

Referring to "mktoMobileShow"

1) Why are there 2, one for mobile and one for desktop?

2) how is it controlled (where can I access the mktoMobileShow" code in Marketo)

Thanks! Essentially we want to disable the Marketo Hide Code and force the mobile to look more like our desktop version, and then make the neccessary CSS changes so it looks presentable (currently the LP is not responsive on mobile"

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: mktoMobileShow: how is it controlled ?

Can you be more specific about what you're trying to do? From your comments, you are using a "free-form" landing page, which includes the option to activate a basic, one-column mobile view of the page. The content the user drags onto the page itself is always absolute positioned, so if you don't activate a mobile view, things won't look great on smaller screens. If you activate a mobile view, we take all the page elements the user has dragged onto the screen, and give them the ability to order them vertically in a view optimized for mobile (also the ability to hide certain elements). Are you saying you would like to still use this workflow, but change the way the mobile view appears? Are you saying you don't want people to be able to activate the mobile view at all, and your template has the necessary code in it to be responsive? If it is the latter, I highly recommend you use our "Guided" landing page templates and editor.

If you can give me some more details about what you are trying to achieve, I can point you in the right direction.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Re: mktoMobileShow: how is it controlled ?

Whenever we used Marketo's built in mobile builder, the pages would render strangely. For example, our Form Title would always be positioned at the very top of the page, even if the form itself was somewhere else. Because of this, we ditched Marketo's mobile builder all together and instead of devs have been using CSS to make our mobile pages look better.

It seems as though one of the frustration our dev had was his inability to see where mktoMobileShow lives, and how to adjust it or any of the mobile properties from a template perspective.