Merge fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge fields

Hi, 

I'm seeming to have a probleme merging fields in the lead database. It was working a few weeks ago- but now it seems to be telling me that my ID is inorrect?

Anyone have suggestions?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merge fields

I've been noticing a lot of merging records as well resulting in inflated scores.  Looking for some insights.. thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Liz,
Could you provide a screenshot of the error?

Also, at which point in the merge does it appear?

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging leads is different than merging fields. For the fields question, you probably want to reach out to support.

For merging leads, I believe we add the built-in Score fields together but do not add any custom score fields. So depending on what you want there are some approaches to limit inflation of scores.
Anonymous
Not applicable

0EM50000000SVte.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

it appears as soon as I click merge. Then the system error message comes up. 

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Liz,

Invalid cross-reference id is a salesforce error.  This is probably occurring at the point where Marketo attempts to perform the corresponding merge in salesforce.  It's a vague error message which indicates the the current user does not have read or edit privileges on one or more of the parent records of the record(s) currently being operated on.  I'd bring these two record to your SFDC admin so they can help you determine why the records can't be merged.