Member.webinar URL on a Landing Page

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Member.webinar URL on a Landing Page

Hi everyone,

I put a {{member.webinar url}} token on my webinar program's confirmation of registration/ Thank You landing page in case they register last minute and would like to access webinar directly from landing page.  However, when testing the page the URL will not display and instead the token's default value is displayed.

I'm not sure why token works in the email but not the landing page. 

Thanks for your help!  - Tom

Tom Kerlin
6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Member.webinar URL on a Landing Page

Hi Tom,

No, AFAIK, it will not work on an LP.

Create a program token, cope /paste the URL in it and put that token on your LP.

-Greg

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Thanks for fast reply Greg,

I thought about doing that but the URLs are going to be different for every member of program who registers.  But I think there is also a generic one for all attendees to use.  I'll try using that one instead.  Thanks again! 

Tom Kerlin
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say testing the LP, how did you test it?

Did you preview it in Marketo editor?

Or

Did you actually went through the flow as a test lead?

In preview, the tokens will not be evaluated and will be merged as their default values

Rajesh

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for reply.  I went through the flow as a test lead. 

Tom Kerlin
Abaran
Level 5

Here is what Marketo says: Include a Calendar Event ICS File in a Landing Page - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

What i am interested in is if i put the token {{member.webinar url}} into an ics file on a landing page, will the webinar URL be added?

Are you using GoToWebinar?

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

The webinar.url token won't work in a landing page because there is not enough time for Marketo to send the registration information to the webinar provider and then receive back the unique URL. In my experience, you want to only include it in confirmation emails, and even then I typically put a 5-10 minute wait step on there before sending it out to ensure it is going to work every time.