SOLVED

Member of SFDC campaign without syncing?

Go to solution
Jenn_Pellerin
Level 2

Member of SFDC campaign without syncing?

Hello -

Is it possible to have a person a part of a SFDC campaign / Marketo program without having it automatically sync to SFDC?

Example: results from a webinar. If someone is completely brand new to our instance and attended a webinar. However, they did not meet the criteria to become a brand new lead for sales to follow up with. I would like them to be just in Marketo with that information. But if then in the future, the person becomes an MQL based on other actions. I would then like them to sync to SFDC and have that previous campaign / program information on the lead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Member of SFDC campaign without syncing?

Hi Jenn,

It is, but is will require quite some work on both Marketo and SFDC sides. and the big drawbacks is that your reporting one both sides will never be consistent.

This is not best practice, IMHO. If the lead is not MQL/SRL, I prefer to add it to SFDC but assign it to a lead queue to which sales have no access.

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Member of SFDC campaign without syncing?

Hi Jenn,

It is, but is will require quite some work on both Marketo and SFDC sides. and the big drawbacks is that your reporting one both sides will never be consistent.

This is not best practice, IMHO. If the lead is not MQL/SRL, I prefer to add it to SFDC but assign it to a lead queue to which sales have no access.

-Greg