Re: Marketo Web Personalization Pop-up - can a click-through URL be applied to the banner?

Kyle_Anderson
Level 1

Marketo Web Personalization Pop-up - can a click-through URL be applied to the banner?

I have a Marketo enabled Web Personalization pop-up on my Drupal8 site letting visitors know that "we've moved" and the site will be redirected soon. I would like to add a click-through URL to the pop-up banner, so people can click the banner and be taken to the new site ahead of time if they'd like. Is there an ability to do this? I don't see an option to apply a CT URL in the design studio for web personalization assets. Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Marketo Web Personalization Pop-up - can a click-through URL be applied to the banner?

Hey Kyle - yes, this is absolutely achievable, but it's not done in Design Studio.

Design studio's job here is to simply store files (like images) and provide a source URL so you can reference those files elsewhere. What you're effectively asking to do is wrap an asset - where it is being referenced, not where it's being hosted - in an <a> tag (or perhaps lay an HTML button on top of it).

Any time when you're wanting to affect the way an asset is being used, that change will always need to be applied in the part of the system that's doing the referencing. So - TL:DR; you need to go into the campaign in Web Personalisation that's referencing the image and wrap the image in a hyperlink 🙂

Hope that helps!