Marketo User vs. Marketing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo User vs. Marketing

In our instance, the lead owner seems to be either MarketoUser or Marketing when a new lead is created. 

It's odd this is happening as we don't use assignment rules in SFDC, I've tried to find workflow rules in SFDC but cannot find any that change the lead owner and we push all leads straight to SFDC - essentially, all leads should be the same owner. 

I've tried correlating the Lead Source with the lead owner, and it seems that the majority of digital leads have a lead owner of MarketoUser. Both MarketoUser and Marketing are admins. 

My question is: Why do some leads enter the system as Marketing vs. MarketoUser? How this the lead owner defined normally in Marketo before pushing to SFDC?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo User vs. Marketing

In SFDC, the owner is not changed with a workflow rule, but with an assignment rule (in Setup | Customize | Leads | Assignmenty Rules).  Is there an active assignment rule there? 

In Marketo, in Admin | Integration | Salesforce, which username is in the Credentials section - that should be the default owner if no other owner is specified.

You can also look in the Campaign Inspector in the Marketo Marketing Activities area (if enabled in the Treasure Chest) and search for occurrences of the Change Owner flow action.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo User vs. Marketing

Thanks Elliot for the reply.

We have no active assignment rules in Salesforce.

Also, I see that the username is MarketoUser in backend of Marketo under Salesforce integration. When I evaluated a few leads that came in, none are affected by a change Owner flow step, which leads me to believe it's after the lead is in SFDC does the owner change. 

Looking at the leads, I notice that if Marketing sent an email to the person, it changes the lead owner to Marketing instead of MarketoUser. A strange but oddly coincidental feature.