SOLVED

Re: Marketo records and Salesforce storage limit

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo records and Salesforce storage limit

Hey gang,

I've just been notified that my company is way over its data storage limit in Salesforce. A huge amount of space is being taken by Marketo creating records. From our IT manager:

The problem is the 1.7 million Task records – a vast majority of which are created by Marketo, saying “I sent prospect X mass mailing Y”

Have any of you dealt with this? Do you regularly clean these tasks out? Should I be concerned about losing any sales intelligence that might help my sales team?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Justin,

I recommend going to Admin > Salesforce > Edit Sync Options, and checking to see which activities are enabled there. You can choose certain activities to sync over to the corresponding lead/contact's activity history in SFDC, where it will be created as a task. I'm guessing that Send Email is one of the checked activities.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin,
if I understand correctly, why do you create a task for every mail sendout?

Best regards

Steffen
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steffen,

I don't recall making an active decision to create a task. As far as I know, that was just how our Marketo instance was set up. Where does one configure this?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin,
never heard that Marketo automatically creates a task for every email. Maybe other users will correct that if I'm wrong. Maybe take a look to Admin Sync.

Do you have a flow step in your campaigns which creates a task?

Best regards

Steffen
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Justin,

I recommend going to Admin > Salesforce > Edit Sync Options, and checking to see which activities are enabled there. You can choose certain activities to sync over to the corresponding lead/contact's activity history in SFDC, where it will be created as a task. I'm guessing that Send Email is one of the checked activities.

Anthony_Pica
Level 4

If you go to Admin > Salesforce > Sync Options, you can choose which Acitivies are synced to Salesforce.

In our org we tend to log as many Activities as possible, and we haven't run into any data storage issues.