Marketo Launchpoint Google AdWords Integration Failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Launchpoint Google AdWords Integration Failed

Hello Marketo Community,

I was hoping to get some help regarding an integration issue when trying to connect Marketo to Google AdWords as a 'Launchpoint service'.

Unfortunately, during my first attempt at integration, pop-ups were blocked and consequently the systems were not able to integrate successfully.

Despite the apparent unsuccessful integration, Marketo was listed in the 'connected apps' in my Google account, which I subsequently removed in order to go through the integration process a second time.

However, every time I now try to 'Authorize Marketo' when setting up the Launchpoint again, I get a message saying 'oops... something went wrong, please contact Marketo Support' - Marketo becomes listed as a 'connected app' in my Google account, however the two systems are failing to syncronise and I can't seem to progress. I have tried refreshing the page, changing user access levels, logging out and back in again, different broswer sessions - nothing seems to work.

I have contacted Marketo support, however I was also wondering in order to try and resolve this issue, if anybody else out there in the Community has experienced this problem.

Marketo have now added 'ensure pop-ups are enabled' during the process in their guide (Add Google AdWords as a Launchpoint Service with a Manager Account - Marketo Docs - Product Docs ) however, for me, it's a little too late!

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo Launchpoint Google AdWords Integration Failed

Hi Chris. We just had this exact issue. Support looked into it and had to release a patch and it is now solved, they provided the following feedback:

Our Tier 3 team advised that the last error you saw "Oops.. Something went wrong, please contact Marketo Support" when attempting to create and authorize Google Adwords in Marketo was fixed by a patch deployed last night.

Now, before re-attempting to create the Launchpoint service for Google Adwords again, the Marketo App in the Google account must first be uninstalled to avoid receiving the error again. This can be done by going into their Gmail account settings: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions

Once the Marketo App is removed from the Google account, please try and create the Launchpoint service for Google Adwords again in Marketo and let us know how you go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response to my query - glad to know we weren't the only ones struggling out there!

Seems to have worked now after some discussion with Marketo - so fingers crossed it's smooth sailing from here.

Chris

David_Fisher1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Was your problem solved with a patch as Daniel described above?  Having the same issue and Marketo's tech support still doesn't seem familiar with this issue.  I'm trying to lead them in the right direction.

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started getting a Google AdWords Authentication Error on 3/2/18 and so I contacted Support. This is the message I received:

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a known issue where our Engineering team has already been alerted and are working to resolve it. We will let you know of next steps or a complete resolution as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

derekforde
Level 1

Was this ever resolved? I've been having this issue for the past month.