SOLVED

Re: Marketo Integration with Drupal

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Integration with Drupal

Hi all,

I've done a lot of searching but have yet to come across a definite answer.

We are using the Marketo module for Drupal. What we want to do is build forms on our site (without Forms 2.0), send the results to Marketo, and have the new lead be a member of the Program for the form they filled out. I have it working so leads are sent over to Marketo, however I can't figure out how to have those names fall into the program, they are injected straight into the Lead Database.

I hope this clear, any guidance would be greatly appreciated and I can offer clarifcation if it is need.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to check out https://www.drupal.org/node/2190655#comment-9190021 to see if that would help. It uses Forms 2.0 but you don't have to actually build out full forms on the Marketo side. It will allow you to use the fills out form trigger.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create a trigger campaign listending for leads to be created by the API - Select the Lead is Created Trigger, then the constraint Source Type, then select API.  The flow would be "Change Program Status" in the appropriate program with the appropriate status.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

John, Cheryl's method is probably the easiest since you've already got it set up via the API, but have you thought about doing a Server Side Form Submission? That way you can still have the activity logged and use all of the associated behavioral filters/triggers.
Beth_Holine
Level 2

Just stumbled upon this as we are trying to implement something similar. This will work great for those leads that do not currently exist in Marketo but what about those that already do? Any ideas? Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi -
I have the same issue. We currently use the Server Side Form Submission technique, but are moving the Drupal and the Marketo module. Everything works great via the API but there doesn't seem to be anyway to trigger a Marketo action when we pass in new information on an existing record (common for us). The only thing I have thought of so far is adding a new field, API_Update_Timestamp and updates with the current time each time a form on our site is submitted. Then we could listen for a change in the timestamp field....

Recomedations, thoughts and disscusstion appriciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to check out https://www.drupal.org/node/2190655#comment-9190021 to see if that would help. It uses Forms 2.0 but you don't have to actually build out full forms on the Marketo side. It will allow you to use the fills out form trigger.