This exam was updated beginning of this year 2022. It has a new section called "Best Practices" which counts for 16% of your overall score. Approximately 8 questions on the test. Planning on recertifying and wanted to know from anyone who has taken this new exam already, what type of questions will they be asking and can they be subjective in regards to best practices.
In the exam portal, what it will cover:
QA and naming conventions can sometimes be subjective depending on the organizations needs, so wondering how these questions are presented for anyone who has taken the new exam. Is there a golden standard that Marketo wants you to follow and what would that be, where would you find it?
Will they have an exam prep course like they did for the previous exam?
If you take the Practice Test, you will see how they are presented. I took the practice test twice now and passed on the second try. The questions are specific, such as:
"An Adobe Marketo Engage user set up a trigger smart campaign and decided to use the 'Not Filled Out Form' filter in the Smart List."
Shows the smart list
"Which two activities allows a person to qualify for the campaign? (Choose two.)"
And then there will be answers like:
- Email is sent and the person did not fill out form A or form B
- Email is Delivered and the person did not fill out form A or form B
- Email is Delivered and the person filled out both form A and form B
- Email is Delivered and the person filled out form A but not form B
So the examples are given and you are just supposed to pick the right one. Or the right two, in this case. And that to me is the tricky question. You gotta read and pay attention to what is asked and read each answer very well too. If they ask to pick the right two, and you pick just one, that's an incorrect answer!
Here's a question from the "Explain the process to perform a quality check on any Marketo program"
- An Adobe Marketo Engage user has completed the construction of an Engagement Program. In order to ensure the Program operates correctly, the 'Test Stream' function will be used.
How does the 'Test Stream' function operate?