Re: Marketo converted leads not appearing inside SalesForce Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo converted leads not appearing inside SalesForce Campaign

I have a marketo form on our website. I want when visitor fills out form they are added to salesforce campaign as a lead. I think i'm missing a filter, but not sure which one. Basically the lead is not appearing in SalesForce at all, but it is appearing in marketo as a member. 

I've created smart list campaigns before, not sure why it's not working this time. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Clinton_Gage3
Level 3

Make sure your Marketo Program that has the listen for form submit smart campaign is synched to a SFDC campaign
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you provide a screen shot of your Smart List and Flow Steps, please?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Clinton, I already have that filter setup. Hello Jeff here is my screenshot for the smart list. 

Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 3.49.31 PM.png

Here is the flow: 

marketo-flow.jpg

Marketo program setup: 

Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 4.06.46 PM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Salvador,

Is your step 1 to sync to SFDC? If not, then the Leads would not appear in SFDC. Also, I would recommend adding the "Change Program Status" flow step as well. You can change their status to "Member" or depending on what your statuses are, "Registrant". Those statuses will sync over to SFDC for easy reporting by your Sales team.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi there - your program has a direct link to the SFDC campaign, so you do not need sync to SFDC flow steps. In fact Marketo will ignore these if you put them in.

The second part of what Jeff says above is the key here - what you DO need is a flow step that makes the lead a member of the program, which does not automatically happen. Basically what you're not doing is telling Marketo what program status a person has when they fill out the form. Once you add this Change Program Status flow step, the members should sync to the SFDC campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff & Veronica. Will add your suggestions and try again. I'll update you if it worked. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! ,

So Marketo said that the reason the lead was not being added to SFDC campaign is because they do not have a last name. To sync up to SFDC, a lead must have a first name, last name, and company populated.  Well my form on the website doesn't have that. The "Full Name" is a first name field in marketo.  

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 10.17.20 AM.png

Can I just add "Change Data Value" filter like this: *(And would this be the right way to add these filters to Marketo so SFDC knows to add [not provided] into SF.) 

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 10.19.43 AM.png

Thanks for all your help, 
Let me know if this is the right workflow to make sure the lead is added to SalesForce.