SOLVED

Marketo and Zoom integration

Go to solution
jburton
Level 1

Marketo and Zoom integration

Hi all - 

When we integrate our Zoom based webcasts to Marketo and have the event synced, we can seemingly no longer make certain changes to the webcast without breaking the sync. For example, if we have a time and date set and we change the time, the sync completely breaks between Zoom and Marketo. This includes going over the scheduled time for the webcast. If the event goes on too long, the integration breaks. My inquiry is wanting to know if anyone knows of all of the settings that CANNOT be changed once the two are linked. The webcast's time and date are the primary settings I know about right now, but outside of those I am unsure of others. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo and Zoom integration

Honestly, this connection is pretty fragile, and it seems to have something to do with what Zoom is doing behind the scenes when you make changes. When you change the date of your webinar for instance, it appears to be changing all the details about that webinar and breaking the connection.

I advise my clients to only link the two (program and webinar) up once you are completely sure nothing on the Zoom side will change and all the details are correct, and if it does change, clone the Marketo program and sync it up again to the new version of the webinar. I can't give you a full list of everything that breaks it, but those two things you mentioned are the things I hit. For instance, if I know a webinar is likely to go for 60 minutes but could run over, I sent the actual webinar time in Zoom for 90 minutes in case it does run over. and I don't want anything to break.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Interesting!  I haven't heard of this issue. I know that if you change the webinar itself then you need to recreate the link in Marketo, but I didn't know of this particular one. The going over time issue seems particularly annoying! 

Has anyone else seen this?

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Honestly, this connection is pretty fragile, and it seems to have something to do with what Zoom is doing behind the scenes when you make changes. When you change the date of your webinar for instance, it appears to be changing all the details about that webinar and breaking the connection.

I advise my clients to only link the two (program and webinar) up once you are completely sure nothing on the Zoom side will change and all the details are correct, and if it does change, clone the Marketo program and sync it up again to the new version of the webinar. I can't give you a full list of everything that breaks it, but those two things you mentioned are the things I hit. For instance, if I know a webinar is likely to go for 60 minutes but could run over, I sent the actual webinar time in Zoom for 90 minutes in case it does run over. and I don't want anything to break.