Lots of questions about engagement programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of questions about engagement programs

We have to validate all leads before we put them in an engagement program in Marketo, since we need to coordinate with another channel at our company that uses a different automation system. It's a shame, and it takes the automation out of marketing automation, but it's something we have to deal with right now. I have some questions I was hoping to get some help with. Thanks in advance. 

What's the easiest way to see each new lead that comes in daily in Marketo? 

How can we manually put a lead into an engagement program? 

How can we ensure no leads are automatically put into an engagement program? 

We want to ensure leads only get 1 email from our Marketo instance per week. If we put a lead into an engagement program and through certain behaviors they get put into a second engagement program of ours, what happens when they're supposed to receive two emails within a few days? Do they keep getting emails from both programs? Or does one take precedent and the other is delayed (thus delaying the next email from the other path)?

How do you remove a single lead from an engagement program? 

If we sent a group of leads a batch email, and later put that email into an engagement program, how can we ensure the same group of leads doesn't receive that email again if we put them into the engagement program?

Thanks,

David

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lots of questions about engagement programs

Hello David,

Don't worry, you can set a limit of communications reveived by day nor week, in the section Admin -> Communications Limits.

What's the easiest way to see each new lead that comes in daily in Marketo?  Create a smart list with the proper filters. (Lead was created in past 1 days)

How can we manually put a lead into an engagement program?  In the Lead Database. Lead Action -> Programs -> Add to Engagement Program

How can we ensure no leads are automatically put into an engagement program? Create the proper filters or no triggers at all and every leads in an engagement program will come from a manually updated smart campaign. 

How do you remove a single lead from an engagement program? Same, Lead Action -> Programs -> Change Program Status (for Not in Program)

There's a way to avoid a batch email to be sent recived twice by a lead once this email is in the engagement program. It implies to use proper filter of the Program that was used to send the batch email. I can relate to a previous post in the community but I dont have the link, sorry.

Hope it helps.