Re: Looking to Remove a Stream from an Existing Engagement Program

Gabrielle_Cunni
Level 1

Looking to Remove a Stream from an Existing Engagement Program

Still learning about engagement programs, but we have an engagement program where the team decided to combine two emails into one, meaning I would need to remove a stream (see set-up below). What would be the implications of the removal of a stream? Should I clone the entire engagement program and remove the stream? Also wondering if I could just archive the stream and update nested program to basically skip the stream that needs to be removed? 

Stream 1 - Stream 2 - Stream 3 - Stream 4 - Stream 5 - Exhausted Content

Basically, I need to combine stream 2 and 3. Any suggestions? 

2 REPLIES 2
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

@Gabrielle_Cunni 

I have a question on what are you considering as a stream. Do you perhaps only have 1 email in a stream?

The important caveat when removing a stream is that you need to ensure that no people qualify for that stream in the future - so any transition rules through Smart campaigns would need to be removed. Additionally, you would need to move any qualified / exhausted people in that stream into another stream so that they can continue to flow through your other engagement emails or put them in the exhausted content bucket list.

Hope this helps

Floyd

Gabrielle_Cunni
Level 1

So how the program is set up, there is one email within a nested program.

To move qualified/exhausted people, is that something I should do within another smart campaign?