Re: Local variable not in Marketo Smooth Sailing template

Sophia_Sellars
Level 2

Local variable not in Marketo Smooth Sailing template

I am creating an email using the Marketo Smooth sailing template. I noticed that some of the local variables are not in the email, and I need to make edits to them.

I am having issues with the Articles module, specifically the right separator border color. There is no meta class for this variable, and when I add it, it still does not pop up as a local variable. I'm not that experienced with designing HTML emails, so I need some help.

How do I make that right separator color a variable that I can change? I'd like it to be white (#ffffff) for this specific email.

I've attached the HTML for reference. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Corey_Bethel
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: Local variable not in Marketo Smooth Sailing template

Hi Sophia,

Looks like the values for the right border are hardcoded into the template. If you want the left and right border to always be the same height and color, you just need to replace the values for "border-top-width:" and "border-top-color:" with "${articlesBorderSize}" and "${articlesBorderColor}", respectively, on line 1162 of the HTML. If you want to be able to specifcy different border widths and colors for each, you'll need to declare a new variable at top with the other variable declarations, and then use those variables as the values for "border-top-width" and "border-top-color".

It should look like this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 11.52.35 AM.png

Corey Bethel
Consultant | Etumos