List Import Trouble: "The list is importing another list."

Anonymous
Not applicable

List Import Trouble: "The list is importing another list."

I'm having trouble uploading lists. When I go through and hit "Import", it displays a red error message: TThe list is importing another list. Wait for it to finish and try again.

import error marketo.JPG

I've been using Marketo for a year and a half and have never seen this issue before last week. However, it's happened on three separate times that I've tried it and for different lists in different Marketo campaigns. I'm not uploading a different list at the same time, so I'm not sure why it's saying this.

Has anyone else run into this issue and how do you resolve it?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Caryl_Mostacho
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Re: List Import Trouble: "The list is importing another list."

Hi Jennifer,

I've never encountered this myself but is this something that is occurring immediately after you tried to do another list import?  It could be marketo trying to say that it is still working on a previous list import and to wait until that has finished.

Another thing that you might want to check, have you recently attempted to import a list with the same name? That could be another reason why this is showing up.

I would definitely get in contact with Marketo Support! It's likely an error that they are familiar with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Caryl Mostacho! It's so strange, I had imported a list a week prior, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't have processed. I'll contact support.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

This happened to me recently and it was because Marketo hadn't yet finished importing another list I had uploaded immediately prior. Just to double-check what's going on, I'd right-click on the list in the tree and select "Show Import Status". If there isn't one, I agree with Caryl Mostacho​ that you should contact Support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jennifer... I think contacting support is the best answer here too. Thanks for the suggestion of checking the import status -- it seems my lists are stuck in a perpetual state of "importing" and must have been the past couple of weeks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I learned the answer is to:

Click on show import status. When the box on the top right appears showing the status; click stop. That should stop whatever the system is, or thinks is importing into that list.