List import not working

Nathan_Meffan
Level 1

Re: List import not working

I'm having this same issue. The lists I'm importing are only about 25 records

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reach out to support. On my case, there was something strange going on in my database. There were strange symbols that I couldn’t see in Excel, but after calling support they told me to use either Notepad++ or regular notepad. I used regular notepad and manually deleted the special symbols, and tried to import it again and it worked

Matt_Rushing1
Level 2

We had this issues as well, and through a lot of trial and error, figured out that certain characters were not allowed in any of the columns. Specifically, "&" was tripping up our import.

Ryan_Allen
Level 1

Having this issue currently, strangely in my companies instance as well as in the training instance when I was taking the Concepts I course this week. Waiting to hear back from support.

Nick_Donaldson
Level 2

This is by no means a permanent solution, but the list import worked for me when I used a different browser.

Here are the troubleshooting steps Marketo support provided me:

1. Check if the file does not have any empty fields. Please update them with the value "NULL."

2. Try clearing the cache and cookie of your browser.

3. Try using a different browser.

Ryan_Allen
Level 1

Thanks Nikhin and Nick, tried a different browser and it worked (even with characters!) Fisdled with some chrome extensions and everything works fine now! 

Best,

Ryan