List Import Mode

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

List Import Mode

All of  a sudden, my list import mode is defaulting to "Optimized for new leads" which is messing up every import that i do. Is there some way that I can switch it back to have Normal as the default? I'm our admin, so making changes isn't an issue. I just don't know where to look and I'm not sure how it got changed to begin with.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List Import Mode

We changed it to be the new default as we found for most cases it was what people wanted and it was much faster. How specifically is it causing trouble for you?
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

We constantly are uploading lists that are already in the system and then letting a duplicate catcher merge them together. Instead of using smart lists from our Salesforce database, because of our complexities, I have to pull a list out of Salesforce to do some manual cross-reference and then split it into the desired segments before uploading it. I just can't get all of the necessary complexities within Marketo (it's not a bad thing, we just have really targeted needs). So, I had a heart attack this morning when I uploaded a list as usual and didn't notice the change. Then I couldn't figure out why the import finished and my list had 0 records! It probably took me an hour or more to figure out what was different. I'm fine with the change, but I'd love to have the flexibility to set that to my preferred default.
Ksenia_Boroduli
Level 3

I second this request.

We need to have the 'Normal mode' back as default because the 'Optimized for new leads' one creates duplicates when we upload the list with duplicate leads.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your points are good ones. We're planning to switch this back. Also, I'm going to see if I can't fix the two things you've both described for Optimized for New Leads as well.