Links with 20 instead of spaces...

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Links with 20 instead of spaces...

Does anyone know when Marketo says they are going to fix the editor adding %20 for every space in a link? It's causing me all kinds of problems and having to do double the work for every link that I do that either has my webinar token or even has an email address where we need to autopopulate the subject line.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Links with 20 instead of spaces...

Amber,

One way to get around this currently is to add in the token via the HTML button of the Rich Text Editor.  Currently using the token picker dropdown is causing the %20's to show up instead of spaces but this only occurs when using that feature.  Our Engineering and Product Teams are working on a fix for this and as soon as we have a time frame I'll update you personally.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Jesse
Technical Support Engineer - Premier Support Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to be added to the list. Really frustrating issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

That's not the only time that it happens. If I insert a link and my link is "mailto:info@appliedsystems.com?subject=something something something" then it adds the %20 in between the words of the subject as well. Again, this is something that I can fix in the html editor, but it is more steps than simply being able to add my link there.
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 - agreed, this is really frustrating. Sorry, Jesse, the workaround is N/A in my case: I'm using the same webinar token that worked in prior webinars, because I'd cloned the program. I've been using the Rich Text Editor to update the content around the webinar token - haven't even TOUCHED the webinar token. When I closed the edit windows and went to approve. I got the invalid token message because Marketo had added the %20.