Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Linking To Email from Fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Linking To Email from Fields

Simple problem with that's hard to google. 

I'm linking to an email that's being passed in via a field in an e-mail template.

Your advisor is <a href="mailto:{{company.AdvisorEmail:default=edit me}}">{{company.AdvisorName}}</a>

It's giving me a "Warning: <a> escaping malformed URI reference" error.

Putting in an actual email like frank@stank.com works just fine. 

Any ideas on how to get around this?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Linking To Email from Fields

Hi Adam,

Are you trying to use the Advisor Email token field in the email from field??  If so you probably can't email as a sample without a lead defined, Marketo does not have a record to reference so it will not have a value to populate in the email address from field.  This field has to be defined in order to send an email.  If you define a lead to reference when you are sending a sample, you should then be able to send yourself a sample as long as that lead has the advisor email field populated.

I would recommend a default from email address in case a record does not have this field defined in the future.

Thank you,

Courtney