Limiting email follow-up in a nurture campaign based on Lead behavior

Anonymous
Not applicable

Limiting email follow-up in a nurture campaign based on Lead behavior

I have a landing page set up with 6 different links.  Depending which link the Lead clicks, they will be added to one of three follow-up flows to receive email 2, 3, or 4. 

So, say the Lead clicks enough links (in one sitting) to be added to all three follow-up flows.  I’m trying to make sure the Lead doesn't receive emails 2, 3, and 4 all at once.  I'd like there to be at least 2 or 3 days between emails.

Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Limiting email follow-up in a nurture campaign based on Lead behavior

Hi Mary-Grace,
maybe build up 6 smart campaigns which filters for people who clicked on a link and in the flow you look for a custom field, if it's no you send out the mail, if it's yes you don't send out a mail and after sending the mail you set the field to yes.
In an other smart campaign you look for field changes and after x days you set it to no again.

Hope that's clear and that works beause I have no idea what happens when they click 2 link in 10 seconds.

Best regards

Steffen

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could set up a recurring batch campaign to send the emails out, and have them running on different days. So, you only send out email 1 on Tuesdays, 2 on Thursday, etc. Not exactly the behavior you wanted, but it'll spread them out and be easy to build.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both - two very different approaches, both appreciated!