Leveraging Marketo Tools/Reporting on non-Marketo Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leveraging Marketo Tools/Reporting on non-Marketo Pages

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a similar set up to myself, and how they leverage Marketo's toolset to assist in the process. 

Our current set up delivers whitepapers one of two ways: 

1. Organic traffic comes to the whitepapers section of the site (www.chequed.com/white-papers) and within each whitepaper page there is a form capturing lead info and passing to SFDC (this is a non-marketo form). These leads are directed to a thank you page with a link to the content.

2. PPC and E-mail marketing traffic is sent to a Marketo landing page instead. This page has the exact same copy, but uses a Marketo form, and using the auto-responder dlivery method via email. (The preferred method of content delivery)

Thinking about how to integrate with my site (using wordpress currently, might be moving in the future): 

In a perfect world, I'd have a single Marketo form that my web developer could iframe into the whitepaper page template and boom, every whitepaper page on our site could be adapted into the Marketo delivery method #2 from above. However, we need to be able to ID the conversion page for the appropriate auto-responder. Now I think that given this constraint I would need to build a landing page for each whitepaper (which I have already) and then iframe in the form from that page... but does anyone do this without creating unique assets? Just looking for the eaasiest setup for repition. 

Is anyone out there pondering what I'm pondering? 

Thanks for reading,
Kyle
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leveraging Marketo Tools/Reporting on non-Marketo Pages

Kyle,

Good question. You are on the right track to use a marketo form embedded into your WordPress pages.

You can create a Global Whitepaper form, and then what you will do is create a blank landing page with just the form on it. From there you take that URL code and post it into the iFrame on your WordPress site.

You will need to create a unique landing page for each asset, but you can keep one form. From there you just need to set your trigger so it is:

Fills out form: Whitepaper
Web Page is: Blank web page with your Whitepaper form on it.

Attached is a screenshot of what your smart list should look like:

0EM50000000QWOU.jpg
Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip Pierce,

I agree that this is definitely one way to get a marketo form on non-marketo pages, however I am trying to maintain the "conversion page" field as well, which is a SFDC custom field I use in auto-responder emails, drip campaigns, and the thank you page.

Does anyone use a similar setup?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could still have a global whitepaper form, just have a hidden field for your SFDC custom field, and then use URL parameters to pass the desired value through on each asset page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again Pierce, that makes sense.

Could you possibly point me in the right direction on the URL parameter settings?

I'm assuming I will need to parse out the special characters so the field doesn't look silly in an auto-responder emai "Thank you for downloading five-common-hiring-mistakes"