SOLVED

Leads not syncing to Salesforce automatically or manually

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leads not syncing to Salesforce automatically or manually

I have a smart campaign that syncs all new leads to Salesforce; however, even though a new lead is created, it's not showing up in Salesforce. I haven't reached by API limit and there are no Marketo notifications.

Additionally, I had a list of 53 leads that needed to be synced, so I tried to just sync those 53 manually by selecting them and clicking "Sync to SFDC" and still no new leads show up in SFDC. Am I missing something?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leads not syncing to Salesforce automatically or manually

Hi Kelly,

Hard to troubleshoot without being able to see your Sync to SFDC campaign logic, but a few things I'd check:

1) The smart campaign results tab > did any of the flow actions execute against them? You should see a line by line summary with details, if the sync failed (this sometimes happens due to field validation rules in SFDC for example) you'll see in the description "Failed" and then a note as to why the sync failed. Check this as a first step.

2) If there are no logs in the results, it's indicating that your members didn't qualify for the flow steps, therefore you need to check the Smart List tab, should be something like a trigger "New Lead is created" and a filter "SFDC Type is not Lead or Contact" (make sure SFDC Type is the Lead filter not the Company filter). The filter ensures it only qualifies for members that are new and not already in SFDC.

Let me know how you go with the above.

Cheers,

Carrie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly,

Hard to troubleshoot without being able to see your Sync to SFDC campaign logic, but a few things I'd check:

1) The smart campaign results tab > did any of the flow actions execute against them? You should see a line by line summary with details, if the sync failed (this sometimes happens due to field validation rules in SFDC for example) you'll see in the description "Failed" and then a note as to why the sync failed. Check this as a first step.

2) If there are no logs in the results, it's indicating that your members didn't qualify for the flow steps, therefore you need to check the Smart List tab, should be something like a trigger "New Lead is created" and a filter "SFDC Type is not Lead or Contact" (make sure SFDC Type is the Lead filter not the Company filter). The filter ensures it only qualifies for members that are new and not already in SFDC.

Let me know how you go with the above.

Cheers,

Carrie

Anonymous
Not applicable

... and if the above doesn't get you anywhere, you might want to check...

* in Admin > Salesforce that the Marketo to SFDC sync is enabled
*That your Marketo sync user has necessary permissions to create new Leads (ask your SFDC Admin)
*After you do a single flow action "Sync to SFDC" on a record not already in SFDC, check their Activity History to see if there is any log of the attempted record sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Carrie!