Re: Lead Status in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Status in SFDC

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me out on this;

I'm running a nurture program for a list of leads with "Nurture" as lead status in salesforce. No SFDC campaign is created and not converted.

So right now, i have a list of people from this "Nurture" leads who unsubscribed and i want to change their lead status in salesforce to "Unqualified". Is there any way that I can do so by a batch trigger in marketo?

I used the change data value - Person Status, but seems like it only updates in Marketo.

6 REPLIES 6
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Amelia Low​,

Did you wait 5-10 minutes before checking records to make sure the sync happened? Do you have a 1:1 database between Marketo and SFDC?

Are these leads or contacts? I've noticed that contact's lead status in SFDC doesn't update once it converts from a lead to a contact because SFDC "freezes" the lead source field.

Instead of changing their lead status, since these leads might still be good and you just can't emails them, I'd recommend just filtering out any unsubscribes from your add to engagement program smart campaign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina, They are currently leads which are not converted yet. Thanks!!

SydneyMulligan

Hi Amelia!

You can run a Smart Campaign with the following logic:

Smart list: Lead Status is Nurture, Unsubscribed is True

Flow: Change Data Value - Lead Status - Unqualified

Hope that helps!

Sydney

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sydney, thank you! We'll give that a shot too.

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Hi Amelia, are you using the default Person Status field or did you create a new 'Lead Status' in SFDC and sync it back to Marketo? We are trying to see what would work best for us.

SydneyMulligan

Hi Ayan! Lead Status is an out of the box field in SFDC and should automatically map to Person Status in Marketo when you set up your integration.