Lead Routing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Routing

Hi everyone - I'd love to hear what you're doing for lead routing or any tools you're using. Are you using Marketo or something else?

We currently use Salesforce and Marketo.  When a new lead is created, it is sent to Salesforce assignment rules. These rules then send to inbound team based on the letter of the company name. It's not ideal for many reasons, but mostly it's hard to know who has which letter, we have to update workflows every time we get a new rep and there isn't even distribution among other things.

We want to move to a round robin and are considering our options. I've looked into the Marketo smart campaigns, but I have a large number of reps and I'm not convinced it's a true round robin.  I have also used queues in the past!

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Lead Routing

Hi Chantelle,

What are you calling "Lead routing"? Is it about lead assignment to sales ?

Are you using a CRM? Which one?

The potential answers really depends on the context

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg - you're right, I was too hasty in my original post. I added more context, but basically we're looking to round robin leads to our sales reps. We currently use Salesforce workflows to assign based on letter of company name.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Chantelle,

Ravi's solution is nice if you want a simple and quickly setup solution. You pre set leads in static lists or you set a field. Then when the lead needs to be assigned, based on the preset list, you attribute it one sales or another. It will be rapidly insufficient though, if you really need something maintainable and robust.

If you want some more sophisticated stuff, we have created a whole round robin management solution solution in SFD in the past for a customer. It is very powerful and can be administered by sales managers or sales assistants directly from SFDC. amongst the features:

• You can define as many "round robin" as you want (you may need to have one per geography or one per market segment)
  • You can add sales and remove them from any round robin
  • Each sales may have presence half days, so that when a lead arrives on a certain time in the week, the round robin takes into account the sales who are really present at that moment
  • You can suspend a sales and reactivate it in 2 clicks, in case one is missing when they are going on vacation
  • You trigger it from Marketo through setting setting a "round robin ID" field (a plain integer number) before pushing it to SFDC.

Quite powerful, but a little costly to develop though, as you will need custom objects and fields, triggers, visual force, etc...

There might be similar solutions in the SFDC app exchange. Have you given a look ?

-Greg

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Chantelle Marchionda​,

I would suggest you to try Marketo Random sample option.

We use that to assign Lead to our Sales Reps on a Percentage basses.

-Ravi Ansal