Lead owner equals Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead owner equals Marketo

Hi all,

I'm still fairly new to Marketo so I was hoping someone could help me figure out this problem I can't seem to fix. Maybe I'm just to close to it.

I have the following issue: We have quite a few leads in our database who have "Marketo" assigned as their lead owner. We have our auto-assignment rules set up in SFDC and they seem to be working just fine for the majority of leads we have coming in. However, there are still several leads that will not auto-assign the correct lead owner and automatically default to the Marketo owner instead and I just cannot seem to figure out why. All the required SFDC values are available for each contact. Unfortunately, there are too many leads to manually assign the lead owner or to run a change-value campaign.

Any help in trying to figure out what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Marketo Community!

-Jackie 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead owner equals Marketo

Hey Jackie,

Can you take a screen shot of the Activity Log for one of these logs? And your Auto-Assignment rules? 
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Lead owner equals Marketo

Hey Jeff,

This is likely a result of leads falling through the cracks in your Auto-Assignment rules.  If  record does not match any of your rules, and you do not designate a default owner, they will be assigned to the user which creates the record, in this case Marketo.