Lead Lifecycle across multiple workspaces

Ryan_Olsen
Level 1

Lead Lifecycle across multiple workspaces

Hello!

Our Marketo instance has several workspaces, with no database partitions. Our plan is to have one lead lifecycle campaign in our global workspace, and use conditional statements to seperate out which lead goes where, by using workspace abbreviations in program names. Before we start down that route, does anyone have experience with this or a similar problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Lead Lifecycle across multiple workspaces

Hi Ryan,

A little unclear - what do you mean by "use conditional statements to seperate out which lead goes where". If you have multiple workspaces but they all use the same partition, then you could just reference the lead from the workspace (with smart lists/smart campaigns) and do not need to sort them out. I would use a different type of criteria (potentially specific fields) to define which workspaces would market to which data.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Floyd

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Like Floyd, i'm a bit unclear as to what your concern/question is.  We have 23 country workspaces (and lead partitions) - and our master Lead Lifecycle program in our default/global workspace is workspace/partition agnostic (as is our revenue model). 

pastedImage_0.png

Ryan_Olsen
Level 1

Sorry, for further clarification, what we have is multiple workspaces, and we want to make sure that when someone becomes and MQL for one workspace, it won't automatically mean they are an MQL for the other workspaces. So our idea was to use a unique identifier in the naming convention of our program, and use those to separate out which lead cycle they will follow. So in your instance with countries, if someone becomes an MQL in workspace A, that doesn't mean they are an MQL in workspace b. We need each workspace to have it's own path.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sorry, still not following.  When someone in our environment - say in the UK partition (I suppose you can say UK workspace as well since only the UK and global/default workspaces have access to the UK partition) - becomes an MQL, it's not possible for them to become an MQL in any other partition.  Leads/people can only exist in a single partition (plus the default partition, which has access to everyone).  Explain what you mean by "an MQL in a workspace".  Do you mean a member of a program in a workspace?  Which essentially means you're using a "last-touch" attribution model?  If so, then you're fine - as long as your giving credit to the last program before a lead became qualified.  You'll need a series of custom fields though to make this happen - for example, in every one of our programs we include the following flow steps (so that the MQL program can derive it's value from the LT program):

pastedImage_0.png

Brittany_Berlie
Level 1

Dan, we have a very similar setup in our Marketo instance and are going to be implementing some scoring programs in the coming weeks.  It would be great to get some more insight on how you have yours setup. Would you be willing to connect?

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

If you are only using one partition - how are members belonging to each workspace? I've worked in one partition across multiple Market Area workspaces - but still, there is only one field for Person Status. It sounds like you would need multiple custom Person Status fields per workspace, which is not recommended.

What is the need or use case for this approach? Is the actual challenge around how leads are routed in CRM? If so, I recommend building out such assignment rules in CRM.